With a little inspiration from Spend with Pennies, I put my own spin on some baked fish tacos made with a Rockfish from Alaska. No need to worry about left overs because there won’t be any!
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 lg tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 avocado, smashed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1- 1 1/2 lb rockfish, cod or other white fish
- 1 tbsp roasted shallot olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- prepared (Black Bean & Corn or Mango Habanero salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl. Rub into fish fillet(s). Place fish on a parchment lined pan and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes until flaky.
- Meanwhile, combine taco sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk together until smooth and set aside.
- Combine salsa ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Warm tortillas on griddle or in the microwave covered with a damp paper towel.
- Assemble the fish tacos; tortilla, fish, avocado salsa, and fish sauce. Optional: Top with a black bean & corn salsa or mango habanero salsa and serve with tortilla chips.
Copyright © 2020 Montana Mountain Maven / Tina R. Cusker. All rights reserved.