I’ve been making these ribs for nearly 20 years and the sauce never fails. In fact, it’s my go-to BBQ sauce over store bought any day. I make a jar and we use it for burgers, ribs, chicken or anything else worth of a good barbecue sauce. Add a little hot sauce if you like a kick!
Honey Barbecued Ribs
- 3 lbs country style pork ribs
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke, optional
- Place ribs in large kettle or Dutch oven. Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until juices run clear and ribs are tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients to create the BBQ sauce.
- Place cooked ribs in a single layer on a large baking tray; sprinkle with garlic salt & pepper. Baste with first layer of sauce.
- Grill ribs, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, continue basting with sauce and turning occasionally. Recipe cooks as well in the oven (400°) too!
Copyright © 2020 Montana Mountain Maven / Tina R. Cusker. All rights reserved.