Strawberry Pretzel Salad (Dessert)
This is a popular sweet and salty salad (or dessert, depending on your preferences), which can be easily adapted to gluten free. This particular version is specifically gluten free to accommodate all guests, and has also been modified to reduce the sugar content.
- 2 cups gluten free, crushed pretzel sticks
- 3/4 c. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 6 oz. sugar free strawberry gelatin
- 2 c. boiling water
- 32 oz. frozen berries (mixed berries or strawberries – not in a syrup); thawed
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13×9" baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat together (whipped) whipping cream, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in berries. Chill until starting to set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares for serving.
Copyright © 2020 Montana Mountain Maven / Tina R. Cusker. All rights reserved.