It has been a full day for healthy meals straight from our kitchen. We started off with some good, old fashioned egg salad sandwiches. Truth be told, they weren’t quite ‘old-fashioned’ but they were super healthy while still being very tasty.
Start with your bread… Manna from Heaven low carb bread. I followed “The Blood Sugar Diet” recipe, but needed to make a quick substitution due to the lack of psyllium husk powder in the grocery store. Due to a quick Google search, I opted for 2 tbsp ground chia seeds which I already had on hand. Check out my video making the bread, which I guarantee we will have again…
Next up, the Greek Yogurt Egg Salad from Damn Delicious. Instead of a crispy, warm baguette, I served a deconstructed sandwich with a small wedge of Manna from Heaven bread, a large lettuce leaf and 1/2 an avocado sliced alongside 2 scoops of egg salad.
And it’s now time for dinner…. man, we are eating well today!
Are you craving spaghetti? How about a low-carb, no sugar compromise with zucchini noodles and turkey meatballs?
Garlic Butter Zoodles with Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp caramelized garlic olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb zucchini noodles (zoodles)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix ground turkey, egg, parmesan, oil, parsley and spices to a large bowl using a wooden spoon until well incorporated.
- Using a medium sized scooper, portion out the meatballs on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
Garlic Butter Zoodles
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini noodles and toss in the garlic butter; squeeze the lemon for the juice.
- Cook until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Top with the meatballs and sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese.
The only thing that would make this day better for food would be a hot, fresh chocoalte chip cookie straight from the oven…. A girl can dream, can’t she? 😉
Copyright © 2021 Montana Mountain Maven / Tina R. Cusker. All rights reserved.