Looking for an easy casserole full of flavor? Substitutions or additions can be made easily, based on what you have on hand. Consider using ground turkey instead of beef. Add peas, green beans or fresh spinach for more veggies. Use plain tomatoes instead of Rotel if you’re not up for the extra spice.
Beef & Noodle Skillet
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can baked beans
- 1 can (16 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Alpine seasoning (seasoning salt)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In large skillet, sautee chopped onion in 1-2 tbls roasted shallot olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the ground beef, brown until cooked through; drain.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until noodles are done, stirring occasionally.
- Add to 9×13 baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Copyright © 2020 Montana Mountain Maven / Tina R. Cusker. All rights reserved.