A very dear friend shared this recipe with me back in 2014 after a brief visit at her home. It is my absolute favorite lasagna! I often make a double batch and freeze them in foil pans for last minute company or an easy dinner when life gets hectic.
- 6 lasagna noodles q
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp caramelized garlic olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 cups hot water
- 2-6 oz cans tomato paste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- Cook noodles in boiling water, salted and a 1 tbsp olive oil, for 15 minutes.
- Cook onion in 2 tbsp caramelized garlic olive oil. Add ground beef and spices. Cook until crumbly and then drain.
- Add tomato paste and hot water to ground beef mixture. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend eggs with cottage cheese. Set aside.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, put (1) a thin layer of meat sauce, (2) half the noodles, (3) all of the cottage cheese mixture, (4) half of the cheeses, (5) repeat with 1/2 of the remaining meat sauce, (6) rest of the noodles, (7) meat sauce, and finally (8) top with cheeses.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Copyright © 2020 Montana Mountain Maven / Tina R. Cusker. All rights reserved.