If you’re looking for the moistest, most wonderful caramel and chocolate nugget, you are in the right place. Every time I make these cupcakes, they get rave reviews. They include a couple of baking shortcuts, which is an even bigger bonus. Yes, you have got to try them!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 box (3 oz.) Jello chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
Salted Caramel Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter use Irish butter, if possible
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- garnishes (pretzels, caramel or chocolate caramel candy)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line cupcake pans with liners.
- Using a stand mixer on medium speed, beat together the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, milk and sour cream. Beat until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Scoop the batter evenly into cupcake liners. I prefer to use a retractable ice cream scoop or large baking scoop.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the tin and let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted, add brown sugar and cream. Stir constantly over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add salt. Allow to bubble for exactly 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Beat in confectioner's sugar 1 cup at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Frost the cupcakes using a pastry bag and tip or with an icing spatula. Top with a pretzel and drizzled caramel, or consider adding a chocolate caramel candy.
See? I told you, you would not be disappointed — but do try to share a few!
Copyright © 2021 Montana Mountain Maven / Tina R. Cusker. All rights reserved.