We got to go out to dinner, like a date! I was so excited. I will admit, we cheated just a bit, but it felt so good to take a night off and enjoy one meal at one of our favorite restaurants.
For meal 5, we coupled some leftovers with a new recipe for Beet and Goat Cheese Salad. This selection was inspired by a similar salad we had shared the night before, although a little less elegant than the amazing, professional Italian chef we like so much. In addition to the recipe below, please check out my inaugural cooking video featuring this very same salad.
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 lb raw, spiralized beets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, minced
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- If you are using whole beets, wash and peel and them make them into noodles using a spiralizier. If you don't have one, you can dice them. Alternatively, you may be able to purchase pre-spiralized beets in the produce section at your local grocery store.
- Toss the beets with 2 tbls olive oil and seasoning.
- Place on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper, spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then, let cool.
- Toss with spinach, and 2 tbls olive oil and vinegar.
- Add your goat cheese and lightly toss before adding the pecans.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
An extra tip… we didn’t finish this the first night and it was actually two days later before we did. While the goat cheese was a little pink, the salad was just as good the second time around which is pretty rare for vegetables tossed with vinegar and oil. The beets hold their structure well on their own. I really like the unique texture and tang to the dish. It is fun to try something new!
Do you like what you read here? Shop Now for all the tools needed to make this awesome dinner on our sister site, La Cuisine, a French inspired kitchen store. We might be located in Bozeman, MT but we ship UPS nationwide.
Follow us @LaCuisineBZN
Copyright © 2021 Montana Mountain Maven / Tina R. Cusker. All rights reserved.