I was looking to clean up some items in the fridge and freezer when my husband suggested an egg bake for breakfast. We had 1/2 bag of hashbrowns that needed eating in the freezer and some left over sausage from a round of pigs in blankets. So, I took stock of the veggies on hand and put together the following recipe in time for breakfast. It’s one thing I love about cooking breakfast – it’s so quick and easy! Enjoy…
Sausage & Egg Bake
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green or orange pepper, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 4-5 sausage links, cooked & chopped
- 3 cups frozen hashbrowns
- 5 oz Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare 11×7 pan with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in olive oil until softened. Mix in chopped sausage and spinach, cooking until spinach is wilted. Add tomators, salt & pepper.
- Layer hashbrowns in the baking dish. Top with the vegetables. Pour eggs over the top. Add cheese over all before sprinkling paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are done. Serve with muffins or toast.
Copyright © 2020 Montana Mountain Maven / Tina R. Cusker. All rights reserved.