Triple Berry Pie
- 1/2 c. butter, chilled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 c. ice cold water
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. cornstarch
- 2 c. fresh or defrosted marionberries
- 1 c. fresh blueberries
- 2 c. fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- To make the pie crust, use a food processor to mix the flour, salt, butter and ice cold water. Pulse until well blended.
- Pour the crust mixture onto a floured baking sheet. Knead slightly to finish mixing. Cut in half. Wrap one half in cellophane and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the first crust evenly into at least a 10 inch circle, about 1/4" thick. Fold in half and then fourths to unfold and easily line the bottom of a 9 in. pie plate. Trim pastry at outside edge of pie pan. Beat the egg white and 1 tbls water; brush over crust. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch. Gently stir in the berries. Pour into the crust.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over the filling. Trim, seal, and flute edges. Cut at least 4 slits in the top crust. Brush with remaining egg wash and sprinkle with 1 tbls granulated sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. After about 30 minutes, cover the fluted edges with foil or a metal pie ring.Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Copyright © 2020 Montana Mountain Maven / Tina R. Cusker. All rights reserved.