Easy Zucchini Ribbon Alfredo
- 6-8 medium zucchini squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp pressed garlic
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped basil, tomato & fresh grated cheese to garnish
- Cut the Zucchini in half lengthwise and use a teaspoon to scoop out the seedy center. Then using a vegetable peeler, carefully peel zucchini into long ribbons. Place in large bowl and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, heat olive oil on medium low, then add garlic. Cook garlic until it is golden brown, then add in the whipping cream. Bring to a simmer on medium heat—about 4-5 minutes—then add Parmesan, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to simmer once again and stir frequently until cheese is melted—about 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to lowest and keep warm.
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil on medium heat, then add zucchini ribbons. Sauté ribbons until they just start to soften about 3-5 then salt and pepper to taste. If there is excess moisture at the bottom of the pan, drain before adding the Alfredo sauce.
- Mix sauce into noodles completely. Serve with fresh diced tomato, torn fresh basil, and shaved Parmesan.
Copyright © 2021 Montana Mountain Maven / Tina R. Cusker. All rights reserved.